Saturday, February 27, 2010

Women are hard to understand....

"Men often say, 'Women, who could ever understand them?'
Don't ask a lesbian for an answer.
All you'll get is a sympathetic nod."
~ Joanne Brigden

I totally get this now! Women are hard to understand. I should know, I am one. I also live with and love one. I even have one for a daughter! Had one for a mom too! I don't understand any of us much of the time.



Relationships are hard work. Especially when you can't understand the person that you are in a relationship with.


It doesn't matter if you are in a straight, gay, transgendered, Martian or somewhere in between, relationship. It is work.

HARD WORK!

You just have to figure out if it is worth it. The relationship, that is.

Of course, with my daughter (and my mom when she was alive), we are stuck together...forever...bonded! Even if I didn't love her, which I do very much, we are forever. Families are like that. At least mine is!
With my lover, people say "there is a choice". " You can always just leave". We are not married after all...nothing holding us together....right???

That scares me. I am very heterosexual in my way of thinking about this subject. I like the idea of something holding us together...but paper doesn't do that. Your heart does. I had the paper in my other life. It did not make everything "work out". My heart was not in that relationship.

BUT, my heart is in this one. I just get scared sometimes because we are not given the same rights and opportunities and chances as "normal" (ha...right) relationships are. I see people in same sex relationships walk away all the time....just walk away...and I get scared.

I am emotional. I wish I were not. So much for wishes...
My sweety is not. I don't always understand that and when she shows no emotion on a subject I am emotional about...fear kicks in...again. This frustrates her and I understand! It frustrates me as well.

I want to talk about it. She is not a talker. But, she is trying to get better at it. I am not the most patient person. I get frustrated. I hope she can understand.

I don't understand women. Myself included.
But, I love this woman. And, I want to be with her.

Always!

Yep, relationships are hard work. But if they are worth it to you, then it really shouldn't matter how hard it is.

"Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."
~Booker T. Washington
She is worth it to me. She is my family now. We are stuck together...forever...bonded. Families are like that. At least mine is. I hope she will one day know just how true that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment