Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can't I just be me?










As if coming out was not hard enough, now I hear that I should classify myself as to what type of lesbian I am. Huh? What kind of lesbian I am? Well, I am the kind that loves, lives with and sleeps with a woman! Period. Or so I thought.
While reading up on my terminology, which is a part of my sweety guided "lesbian education", I came across many different types of lesbians. Hmmmm....I knew femme (me, I thought) and dyke (my sweety claims this one)...but stone butch or chapstick lesbian...what the hell? So I set about learning. Here is what I found out:

A Baby Dyke is a young lesbian or someone who is just coming out of the closet. <-----I guess I fit here!
A Blue Jean Femme is a lesbian who identifies as femme but likes jeans and more casual clothing to dresses and skirts. <-----I think this is me!

A Bull Dyke is a very masculine lesbian. Considered offensive by some.

A Butch is a woman who adopts more masculine characteristics, mannerisms and clothing.
A Chapstick lesbian is also known as a soft butch. She usually dresses quite casually and does not wear make-up.

A Diesel Dyke is a very butch or manly lesbian, especially one who is very aggressive or drives trucks or heavy equipment.
A Dyke is another word for lesbian. Usually is only used by people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender. Some consider this an offensive term. <-----My sweety says this is her!
A Femme is a feminine lesbian. <-----Could be me....

A Glamour butch is a butch who likes to wear fancy suits, tuxedos, clothing, frequently.

A Gold Star lesbian is a lesbian who has never slept with a man .


A Lipstick lesbian is a lesbian that loves her clothes and makeup and shoes. She tends to dress girly.

A Pillow Queen is someone who likes to be on the receiving end of sex. She likes to be pleasured and may not reciprocate.

A Power Dyke is a lesbian who has gained a position of power, whether within the LGBT community or in the business world. <-----This could be my sweety!

A Soft butch is a lesbian whose appearance may be androgynous. She may dress and act in a masculine manner, but be soft and more feminine in the inside. She could be someone who falls somewhere between butch and femme, but closer to the butch side.
A Sport dyke is a lesbian, who identifies as being an athlete. She may also dress like an athlete, as in baseball caps, sweatshirts and jeans.

A Stem Lesbian is a lesbian who identifies somewhere between "stud" and "femme."

A Stone butch is a lesbian who gets her pleasure from pleasing her partner. She may not like to be touched sexually. <-----This is definately NOT me!

A Stud is a dominant lesbian, usually butch.

There are many more I am sure but I am so confused now that I just can't read anymore! I don't know what I am...I don't know much of anything now. I just know that I love my sweety and she loves me, with or without a label. Shouldn't that be enough?

































No comments:

Post a Comment